I want you to look after my domain’s DNS
In order to ensure your domain’s DNS records are always pointing at the right web server, we provide a simple DNS management service through a 3rd party provider.
What does the service include?
- Provision of nameserver hosting through a high quality 3rd party provider
- 30 mins of on-request DNS record management per year
- Updates to DNS in line with Pragmatic’s own web hosting requirements
What else do I need to know?
- If you need any DNS changes to be made (for email, other web services, etc), we’ll need to make those for you.
- You’ll still need to maintain your domain registration and ensure that your domain’s nameserver records remain pointing at our nameservers.
- We’ll always do our best to update DNS records as a matter of priority. If you have an existing support agreement with us, DNS management requests will be undertaken under the same service level terms.
How much does this service cost?
£50/year + VAT
Is this a compulsory service?
No, it’s not.
What are the alternatives?
We understand that there are a number of reasons you might wish to retain control of your own DNS. That’s fine too. Here are your alternatives:
- You make your own DNS updates. We’ll tell you as clearly as possible what needs to be done, and when, and with as much notice as possible, but ultimately the responsibility will be with you to make the changes. If you don’t make the changes correctly, or you don’t make them in time, that might affect your website hosting or other DNS-related services.
- You maintain your own nameserver hosting but we make the updates. If you want us to make DNS updates through your DNS management system, we’ll need to be covered by our general service level terms and we reserve the right to charge support time for making the changes, including any time spent re-gaining access after a password change.