We’re committed to giving back to the WordPress community and are always on the lookout for new opportunities in Brighton and further afield to teach, inspire and mentor within WordPress and web development.
Our team is passionate about giving back to the WordPress community through knowledge sharing and have presented talks in the UK, Spain, Norway and the USA about running a WordPress business, WordPress theming, development and freelancing. Our team has presented the following talks at industry events:
David Lockie, Founder & Director:
- Becoming A Successful WordPress Freelancer at WordSesh 2013
- 10 Ways That WordPressers Can Make The World A Better Place at WordCamp London on 23rd-24th November 2013
- Discovery & Definition: The key to a successful WooCommerce project at WooConf in Austin Texas on 6th-8th April 2016
- Panellist on the Recruiting for Your Business Panel at WordCamp London on 8th-10th April 2016
- WowCommerce: An eCommerce Survive and Thrive Guide in London on Tuesday 21st June 2016
- The Discovery & Definition Approach to Project Planning at WordCamp Europe on 24-26th June 2016
Juan Javier Moreno, WordPress Developer:
- WordCamp Bilbao in Northern Spain on 11th June 2016
James Morrison, Senior WordPress Developer:
- Lessons learned using WordPress Multisite at WordCamp Brighton on 23rd July 2016 and WordCamp Manchester on 22nd October 2016
Tom Still, Team Leader:
- UX & Creative Workflow in a WordPress Agency at our Brighton Digital Festival Open Studios event on 9th September 2016
- Personalisation in Mobile eCommerce at WowCommerce: The rise & rise of mobile eCommerce on 18th October 2016
Tom Chute, Team Leader:
- Happy Teams at our Brighton Digital Festival Open Studios event on 9th September 2016
Phil Ward, WordPress Developer:
- How to Get a Job in Digital at our Brighton Digital Festival Open Studios event on 9th September 2016
Angelo Giovino, Head of Sales:
- How to Propel your Organisation Online with a WordPress Website on 20th April 2016 and the Shoreham FC Networking event and at our Brighton Digital Festival Open Studios event on 9th September 2016
Our team are speaking at the following upcoming events:
- 24th February 2017 – David will be telling his story of how he went from Zoologist to Agency Owner at the Brighton Chamber of Commerce Business Breakfast
Helping the local community
Our developers go above and beyond helping our local community, often spending their free time consulting, building and coding WordPress websites for local charities. Most importantly, just like with our clients, our developers spend time showing the charity organisers how to easily update and manage their websites themselves so they can always have full control.
Our team has spent the time to develop and provide free WordPress plugins and themes for the local community to use. Juan, one of our Spanish contingent, has also reviewed themes for the Theme Review Team.
- WordCamps – Many of our team volunteer their free time to help organise and support WordCamp Brighton and WordCamp London.
- WordUps – WordUp is a monthly local WordPress community meetup that involves workshops, talks and networking. We’re sponsors of WordUp and regularly run WordUp Brighton events.
- WordPress Clinics – We run WordPress Clinics, where we offer our free professional advice and consultation in the form of 1-2-1’s with local WordPress users and developers.
- Agency Meetups – We organise friendly meetups with fellow agency owners. We believe that in sharing our business knowledge we can all grow as stronger, more powerful agencies together. We see fellow agencies as our peers and enjoy spending time with and working alongside them.
Providing new careers in WordPress
We’re a partner of Brighton Digital Media Academy, where we offer mentoring and work experience placements to the students of Brighton Aldridge Community Academy (BACA). We support our local universities by offering careers in the digital industry to their graduates, as well as providing yearly apprenticeships for those who want to get experience in the workplace while studying. If you love WordPress and you’d like to start your career in it, please get in touch to enquire about our future opportunities.See our current vacancies
We firmly believe in backing community events where knowledge is shared and attendees leave inspired and excited about working with WordPress.
We’ve sponsored the following events:
- 8th April 2016 – WordCamp London
- 11th June 2016 – PHP South Coast
- 24th-26th June 2016 – WordCamp Europe
- 23rd-24th July 2016 – WordCamp Brighton
- Every month – WordUp Brighton
We think innovative development and design shouldn’t just be for businesses. We’re proud to offer discounts for non-profit organisations and in doing so, have had the opportunity to work with some fantastic causes. View our non-profit portfolio below: